Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Of A Woman

In the Twilight, the winter y mix falls. A steady pitter patter on the tin roof makes me aware that the rain, has started to change, laying in the bed unable to sleep. At your side, beside the bed there is a box of glittering bulbs of silver and gold, garland and all kinds of Christmas decorations. Them are barely in the box and we are very tired after taking down all the Christmas hoopla. It is January the 8th and the kid has been back in school for days. WE just were not ready to let that happy time go yet.
How can I desribe the deabilitating pain in my legs and feet that make me unable to sleep. It is a cold winters night, very cold 20 degrees out side. I have not slept since Christmas day and it has now been 14 days without any ream sleep. What I would give for just one hours real ream sleep right now. I feel so old at times and so do my bones. I am only 46 years old and you come by a week before Christmas and have not left my side for 21 days now. The pain medications and nerve pill I have taken do not even affect me. I am having cramps so bad that tears are rolling down my cheek as I watch you sleeping. Still I do not move my arm around your head and my other hand wrapped in yours. I look over and can not tell if they are my fingers or yours as they are just like they were when you went to sleep, intertwined to a mix that all looks the same.
You are my friend that is for sure, always ready to be with and spend your time with me.
copyright
R. D. Ruffin
Jan 8th 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment