Tuesday, March 29, 2011

More from 1999

December 13, 1999
  Stephanie brought Ashley over.  I wonder how Ashley in reality learned to paint.  I'm sure that it was from me
 and her setting down and painting together. 

January 14, 1999
  Acquired two nice ladder back chairs today.  One is refinished.  They should bring 125.00 dollars in pristine condition and also acquired a cute magazine rack which I will keep, and a trunk tray from an 1870's travel trunk. 
   Decided to paint Wells School today in an oil painting.  This is where I went to elementary school.  I thought it would be nice to document where I went to school as a child on canvas.  I get David tonight.  I can't wait to see him. 

January 27,1999
  Didn't paint the school yet.  Other things got in the way.

February 1,1999
  I went to visit my friend Gary Anning in Lucama today and hang out. And  then went to Cary to help out Sarah and  Christy move in to their new apartment with Ben. Pretty nice place.  Me and Ben ate lunch at Cook Out.  We were suppose to watch the Super Bowl, but I don't think I watched one single minute of it.  Cleaned up some and thought about business and sent down and went through my two months of mail which was stacked up.
   As I write by candlelight alone tonight, I tried to invision the artist of long ago, who only had candles to paint by.  I tried to work with oil and paint detail by candlelight tonight.  But the more candles that I lite, the harder it became because the shadows kept changing on me and my perception changed as the shadows changed. 

February 3, 1999
  I will be 37 this Friday.  Don't really feel like I've made any real accomplishments in my life except for David and my art.  And in that order David being the greatest accomplishment and art being my passion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment